Council on the Ageing Northern Territory manages the NT Seniors Card website and takes seriously its obligation to provide easily accessible information to seniors.
The website has been designed with a number of features to help make it easier and more enjoyable for senior Territorians and people with particular needs to use (such as deteriorating eyesight) to access information:
- Large, easy to read font (large headings and short pages)
- Positive images of older people including use of ‘real’ people not just models
- Simple navigation and menus structure
- Bright colours of high contrast for easy reading
- Easy to find ‘action’ buttons such as contact us, how to get to our office, find events information, etc.
- Boldly displayed telephone number and office opening hours, situated in prominent home page location
- Quick links to key pages from the home page including links to Social Media (e.g. Facebook icon on home page in top menu)
All content produced for publishing on the website is designed and constructed in accordance with the World Wide Web Consortium’s Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0 standard, making the website usable for a wide range of people with special needs.
If you have any comments on the accessibility of the Website, or if you have any suggestions for how we might improve it, please contact us.